KazMunaiGas Exploration Production JSC is a subsidiary of National Company KazMunayGas, a state-owned oil and gas company of Kazakhstan.
KMG EP was founded back in March 2004 by the merger of two hitherto joint stock companies, Uzenmunaigas and Embamunaigas.
- In April 2016 KMG EP switched to an independent oil processing scheme to fulfill its domestic supply obligations.
- Within the framework of the transformation programme, in 2015 JSC “Embamunaigas” started implementing a number of pilot projects. These are the optimisation of the process of material-technical support (MTO), the optimisation of the process of technical servicing and maintenance of oil production equipment (TORO), the introduction of the concept of the smart field using the example of the Uaz field. These projects are directed towards optimising the production of oil, reducing overheads and improvements in work productivity.
- In December 2014 JV Kazgermunai’s Aksay oil and gas field located in Kyzylorda region has been put on stream. This will allow Kazgermunai to maintain oil production at current level. Also, additional volumes of gas will allow Kazgermunai to continue fulfilling its social obligations by providing gas to Kyzylorda city.
- The station for diagnostics and repair of underground equipment (“Station”) has been put into operation in June 2013. Its capacity is sufficient to repair 400 thousand oil well tubings, 300 thousand pump rods and 10 thousand bottom-hole pumps per year.
- In January 2012, KMG EP announced its plan to reorganize production facilities UMG and EMG into joint stock companies.
- In addition, in the beginning of the year the Company announced its plan to create 2 servicing companies and recruit about 2,000 employees in Mangistau region.
- In March 2011 KMG EP acquired 50% in Urals Group Limited, which owns exploration license for the Fedorovskiy block.
- In April 2011 KMG EP acquired 4 exploration blocks from NC KMG: Temir, Teresken, Uzen-Karamandybas and Karaton-Sarkamys.
- In December 2011 KMG EP acquired 100% in JSC Karpovskiy Severniy.
- In September 2010 the Company acquired 100% in LLP SapaBarlau Service (currently LLP KMG EP Exploration Assets, KMG EP EA) and 100% in LLP NBK.
- In December 2009 KMG EP acquired 33% in PetroKazakhstan Inc
- International rating agency Standard & Poor’s (S&P) awarded to the Company GAMMA-6 corporate governance rating (CGR)
NC KMG, KMG EP and BG Group signed an upstream co-operation agreement. The agreement sets out the principles of a joint study of hydrocarbon reserves potential of specific areas in the Republic of Kazakhstan and other countries. The companies will cooperate to identify opportunities across a range of potential oil and gas exploration and production projects.
In April 2007 KMG EP acquired a 50% stake in JV Kazgermunai LLP. In December 2007 KMG EP acquired a 50% stake in CCEL (Karazhanbasmunai). In December 2007 KMG EP acquired a 50% shares in CCEL “Karazhanbasmunai”.
In September 2006, KMG EP carried out its Initial Public Offering on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange, along with a placing of global depository receipts (GDRs) on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- Asset restructuring to create an upstream focused company.
- Divestment of a majority stake in Atyrau Refinery (December 2005)
- Reduction of stake in petrochemicals business to 15% from 50% (December 2005).
Creation of JSC KazMunaiGas Exploration Production: merger of JSC UzenMunaiGas and JSC EmbaMunaiGas.
KazakhOil NC CJSC and Oil & Gas Transportation NC CJSC - the national oil and gas transportation company merged to form NC KMG in February 2002.
The Government transferred all of its Shares in EmbaMunaiGas and UzenMunaiGas to KazakhOil CJSC, the Kazakh national oil company.
Expansion of private operations in the oil sector: state-controlled assets are grouped into National Company KazMunaiGas (“NC KMG”) (created in 2002).
State Corporation “Kazakhstanneftegas” is formed from the oil assets \"inherited\" from the Soviet Union.
Oil production started in Kazakhstan.